Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Monday, June 22, 2015

Anita Higman - Summer's List

Good Monday Morning Readers!

Today, Anita Higman visits Lagniappe. 
We're discussing her latest release, Summer's List. 

Welcome, Anita!

Tell us a little about Summer’s List



Summer’s List is about a loveable young woman who keeps failing at life and love until her grandmother gives her an adventure list that changes her life.

Life and love keep going awry for Summer Snow, until her grandmother sends her on an unexpected adventure with one Martin Langtree—a kind and quirky young man from Summer's past. With Laney the Chihuahua along for the ride, a childhood friendship is rekindled, a romance is sparked, and mysteries are solved in one magical Texas summer. Will Summer strike out on love again, or will things finally go her way?    


For Christmas, do you prefer white lights or colored lights on your Christmas tree?
I like both, but I rotate themes. As an example, the tree may be all white lights one year and then green and white on another year, depending on the look I’m trying to achieve.

If you weren't a writer, what would be another dream job?
A designer of some kind—maybe interior decorating or perhaps a career in landscape design. But since I’ve been writing for thirty years, I can’t imagine being anything but a designer of stories.


Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?
I read them and I admit the rough reviews do hurt me. How do I deal with them? I try to keep writing better books.

If you could have one of your senses (Touch, sight, taste, smell, hearing) be a superpower which would you choose and why?
The sense of taste because I love to eat!!!

What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
If you enjoy my new novel, Summer’s List, please tell your family and friends. I’ve heard so many times that “word-of-mouth” promotion is powerful!
  
What can we expect from you in the future?
I’m heading out on a new adventure. I’m writing young adult books with my daughter, Hillary. I’m very excited about the future!


LIGHTNING ROUND   

Sweet Tea or Unsweetened Tea? Unsweetened
Socks or slippers or both? Socks
Vacation: Beach or Mountains? Mountains
Birthday Card: Email or Snail Mail? Snail mail
Favorite Decorating Color? Just one! Brown



Best-selling and award-winning author, Anita Higman, has forty books published. She’s been a Barnes & Noble “Author of the Month” for Houston and has a BA in the combined fields of speech communication, psychology, and art. Anita loves good movies, traveling to exotic places, and brunch with her friends.

Please check out Anita’s latest novel, Summer’s List, through Moody Publishers. Feel free to drop by her website at www.anitahigman.com or connect with her on her Facebook Reader Page at https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAnitaHigman. She would love to hear from you!


 Buy Link for Summer's List
http://www.amazon.com/Summers-List-Anita-Higman/dp/0802412327/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1431613600&sr=8-10&keywords=Anita+Higman

Anita, thanks for sharing!

Readers, thanks for visiting Lagniappe!

Anita's question for you:

What’s your favorite heroine of all time? 

I pray you find a 
"little something extra" 
in each of your days!
Marian

No comments: