Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS

I guess dreams really do come true...

We awoke on Christmas morning to several inches of snow. Truly a white Christmas.

Here are early Christmas morning pictures.


As someone who was raised in the South all the little things about snow were foreign to me until I moved to Colorado. Things like how quiet everything becomes with a layer of snow on the ground, how pristine everything looks, how much of a pain it is to shovel so the dog will have a potty path, how driving on solid ice is possible, but a challenge.


Here are the photos of our quiet Christmas morning. As Scott and I shoveled that path, I took the time to thank God for sending his Son for us.




The stillness of the morning reminded me of one of my favorite verses: "Be still and know, that I am God." Psalm 46:10





Hope's Subaru parked in the driveway. Just a little cover!


One of our outside Christmas trees. So much snow the branches are drooping. 


 Close up of one of my favorite ornaments on our tree.



Our Labradoodle loving the snow. We had a hard time catching her to bring her back into the house. We nicknamed her--Chili the Snow Dog!

I pray that y'all had a wonderful Christmas day where ever you were and that God's peace surrounded you and your family!


Thanks for visiting Lagniappe

Leave a comment if you'd like,
I love hearing from  readers!

I pray that you find "a little something extra" in each of your days.

Marian




No comments: